Paradigms and Principles of Effectiveness
• Identify the key principles of effectiveness in which the 7 Habits are rooted.
• Assess their paradigms, and adopt paradigms of effectiveness.
• Identify areas of their work and personal lives in which they can apply the 7 Habits.
Habit 1: Be Proactive®
• Take the initiative to focus on things they can influence, instead of focusing on things they cannot.
• Respond proactively.
• Be responsible and accountable.
• Identify things that can be controlled and influenced.
• Have a positive influence on results, their environment, and others.
Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind®
• Define clear measures of success and a plan to achieve them.
• Define vision and values.
• Create a mission statement.
• Set measurable team and personal goals.
• Start projects successfully.
• Align goals to priorities.
• Focus on desired outcomes.
Habit 3: Put First Things First®
• Prioritize and achieve their most important goals, instead of constantly reacting to urgencies.
• Balance key priorities.
• Eliminate low priorities and time-wasters.
• Execute strategy.
• Use planning tools effectively.
• Use effective time-management skills.
Private Victory® to Public Victory®
• Build trust in key relationships.
• Build an Emotional Bank Account with others.